Sunday, September 28, 2008

Palm Springs Wekend


Over the Labor Day weekend we took the kids to the Marriott Shadow Ridge resort in Palm Desert. The heat was pretty intense and so we spent most of our time by the pool. It was a huge infinity pool with a waterslide and a kids club for the kids. The room was a villa with a kitchen and seperate living area, so it was very nice to be able to spread out and not have to go out to eat for every meal.

That weekend also happened to be my birthday and on Sunday I went alone to Paseo Blvd for a little shopping. You may not be able to tell from the pics, but since May I have lost about 30 lbs and my clothes were getting too baggy. I was on Nutrisystem from May til July and now am continuing on my own by eating smart, no crap, very small portions of meat, and no bread products with less than 5 grams of fiber. I feel great.
Troy managed to get a round of golf in at the resort course. Normally in the winter months the greens fees are 145.00, but during the heat they drop to 35.00. So he braved the heat,for the opportunity to play a Nick Faldo designed course.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: