Sunday, December 26, 2010

Xcaret River float

If any of you ever go to Cancun, this should be a the top of your to do list. Xcaret is a natural ecopark whose main attraction is a series of underground rivers that flow to the sea. They are open to the public and it takes about an hour to float down and explore. They were georgeous. My kids loved it and I hope they remember the experience forever.
These walls surrounded us for the whole time unless we went into a cave like in the picture below. It was so cool.
All along the way were Mayan Warriors in costumes like this one.
In the cave. It wasn't spooky. we could always see the light at the other end. Although some of them were pretty long and the light was so far away. I must say that my kids did so great. They really are fearless and will try just about anything. I'm really proud of them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: