Sunday, December 26, 2010

Xcaret show

The last thing we did was go to a show in the theatre at Xcaret. The show was designed to give us a glimpse into the customs and traditions of the Mayan Riveria and how they have evolved over the years since the Spanish Conquerors landed .
As we walked up the walkway to the theatre, lots of "actors" were positioned along the way in various costumes. I especially loved the owl costume below. Just after I snapped this he stood up and opened his wings which must have been at least 12 feet across.

The guy in the green feather headdress is supposed to be QuetzelKahn (sp?)He was a deity of some sort . The whole show was in Spanish and since I don't know Spanish, I had to follow along as best I could. Now I know what its like for foreigners who visit the US. Look at the headdresses on these guys. The latter part of the show was a variey of traditional Mexican dancing styles. It was an amazing show. The whole day at Xcaret was incredible.....I encourage any of you to go if you ever vacation on The Mayan Riveria.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: