Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Big Bear

In addition to La Jolla on Friday, we spend the Labor Day weekend in Big Bear California. More and more I appreciate where we live and all that it offers. From our house we can be at the beach in 1 hour AND from our house we were in the San Bernadino mountains in 2 hours where temperatures were in the 70 and 80's. Perfect hiking weather. And thats just what we did. The picture above was taken lakeside on one of the paved multi-use trails.
Sunday was the BIG HIKE DAY. The 6 of us and the dog hiked almost 6 miles roundtrip from the lake to the PAcific Crest Trail somewhere around 8000 feet in elevation. I am please to announce that not once did any of my kids whine or complain or want to be carried. Actually it was Winston who I think struggled the most. We've turned a corner, I know what my kids are capable of if they can have a "can-do" attitude. I am so glad we did this because I burned of the Chocolate Torte from Friday night.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: